"Association Building "
was a seminar which included attendance at the annual convention of the American Advertising Federation (AAF) in Los Angeles and on-site meetings with tourism and advertising representatives in Las Vegas, Nevada. The seminar addressed two central concerns of delegates from the Macedonian Association of Agencies for Marketing (MAAM), namely, 1) best management practices in the fields of advertising and marketing; and 2) association management issues related to the development of MAAM.
Background: This program serves to address USAID/Macedonia’s Strategic Objective 1.3: Accelerated development and growth of private sector and Intermediate Result 1.3.2: Private Sector Firms More Competitive.
This training supports the Macedonian Association of Agencies for Marketing (MAAM), a non-governmental organization comprised of 22 marketing firms engaged in marketing-related services, such as consulting, promotion, advertising and research. The mission of MAAM is to improve the business environment for its members and their clients through the development of policies and regulations, the creation and implementation of a code of ethics, and the delivery of training and education programs to member firms.
Overall Program Goal and Training Objectives: The program’s goals are to train the members of MAAM in building and managing a non-profit association and to help association member firms become better marketing service providers.
- Gazmend Aliu – Owner and Executive Director, AG Media Advertising Agency
- Igor Celebic – Deputy Managing Director, Publicis Group
- Goce Dojcinovski – Managing Director, K-15 Production and Advertising Agency
- Natasha Ivanovska – Client Service Director, Idea Plus DDB
- Irena Jakimova-Apelgren – Managing Director, McCann-Erickson, Skopje
- Vesna Kuzmanovic – Managing Director, Stratum Research
- Tanja Murdzeva-Markovik – Account Director, Ovation Advertising